This AUP governs the use of node.ae’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and node.ae regarding the interpretation of this AUP, node.ae’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact email@example.com. As well, node.ae, and it’s parent company, Hosting Services Inc reserves the right to refuse service within our reasonable commercial judgement. If you have any questions regarding this policy – we urge you to contact our management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not publish or transmit via node.ae’s service any content that node.ae reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to node.ae; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against node.ae by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via node.ae’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by node.ae.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain node.ae’s advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to node.ae’s reasonable satisfaction:
These policies apply to messages sent using your node.ae service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your node.ae service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
node.ae may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your node.ae’s services. Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner. node.ae will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the node.ae network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to:United Arab Emirates, 113745, Abu Dhabi.
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit node.ae to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit node.ae to contact you, such as an address, mobile number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the node.ae network. Disclaimer
node.ae is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the node.ae network. Internet Abuse
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to node.ae and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the node.ae’s network.
- Use of node.ae’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with node.ae’s other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums. IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
- node.ae is not liable for the content of any communications made on IRC.
- IRC robots (“bots” or “clones”) or IRC sessions may not be run from node.ae’s server accounts.
- Customers may not attempt to impersonate others or use IRC anonymously by disguising their hostname or username.
- Customers are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs that interfere with or deny service to other users on any server or host. Customers are also prohibited from engaging in activities which harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to, “flooding” (rapidly entering text with the intent to fill the screens of others), “flashing” (disrupting terminal emulation), “takeovers” (forcibly seizing operator privileges), attempting to send private messages to those who do not wish to see them (via “ignore”), attempting to return to a channel after being banned from it, and other disruptive behaviours.